Turkey tail or Trametes versicolor is a fungus also known as Coriolus versicolor and Polyporus versicolor. It is a common polypore mushroom found throughout the world. They have been used for centuries to treat various conditions due to containing compounds beneficial to health.
Of its most impressive qualities is its ability to enhance the health of immune systems, which in turn helps suppress the growth of certain types of cancers. Some benefits includes factors such as:
- Antioxidants compounds
- Help inhibit or reduce damage caused by oxidative stress.
- Contains immune-boosting compounds such as Krestin (PSK) and Polysaccharide Peptide (PSP)
- Can strengthen the health of your immune system.
- Contains compounds such as Coriolus versicolor glucan (CVG)
- Known as a suppressant for certain types of tumours.
- Helps improve immune function for those suffering from certain types of cancers.
- Enhances the efficacy of certain cancer treatments
- Help increase cancer-fighting cells in the immune system.
- Enhances gut health
- Contains probiotics compounds that help nourish bacterias interacting with immune cells.
Supplements derived from turkey tail mushrooms are not only beneficial for human health, but also with dogs. Research showed that dogs with hemangiosarcoma treated with a compound derived from the Coriolus versicolor mushroom had the longest survival rates ever reported for dogs with the disease. This shows that the coriolus versicolor mushroom extract may be a promising supplement in maintaining immune health in dogs with cancer.
The product for Turkey Tail mushroom that we highly recommend is I’m-Yunity®.
Alternative products to I’m-Yunity:
- Fungi Perfecti, Host Defense, Turkey Tail
- Canine Matrix, Turkey Tail, Mushroom Powder
- Fungiology, Turkey Tail (Coriolus Versicolor)
- Organic Mushroom Nutrition, Turkey Tail, Mushroom Powder
- Swanson Turkey Tail Mushroom